Mind Over Matter's Missing Link
Mind over matter remains a mystery to most, but more people are beginning to accept this notion and its mysteries. Seventy-six percent of Americans believe in the power of prayer and communicating to the unseen. DNA, neutrinos, and quarks are sub-atomic particles that scientists factually know exist yet cannot see. In recent decades, the scientific community has devoted much attention to the mechanics of DNA. Will the old adage "out of sight, out of mind" finally see its demise?
So what are the fundamental truths substantiating mind over matter? What really happens when we pray, talk to angels, and spend billions of dollars to find how to clone DNA and reshape our genetic structure? It's time for some answers; it's time to know. Let us begin by taking the position that consciousness in motion is INTENT. It places intent at the forefront of resolving some of these dilemmas. Recently, five astrophysicists from several prestigious universities agreed that we are on the brink of scientifically proving that consciousness causes or creates matter. This supports mathematical findings in the subtle energy field research of quantum physics. The "Hundredth Monkey" story proved that some kind of influence plays a major role in how things change. The biologist named Rupert Sheldrake called this "formative causation." The characteristics of forms and behaviors shape the physical, chemical, and biological systems that determine invisible organizing fields, which Sheldrake called morphogenetic fields. It is the invisible fields of consciousness in motion, i.e., INTENT that change our realities.
I truly TRUST that universal communication is predicated on INTENT. From a human and spiritual level, the purer the intent, from deep within the heart, the more precise its manifestation. With this in mind, let's discuss the unseen DNA which is poking at us straight in the eye.
As we scramble to know more about our DNA, do we ever stop to realize the perfection of the master design of the DNA within us? According to Andrew Weil, M.D. author of the best seller, "Spontaneous Healing," our DNA is a self-perpetuating healing machine with all the bells and whistles to keep the body healthy. It's a continuous process of expansion, rejuvenation, and protection. If I may be so bold to say; it's a God-like quality which we all have inside us. Did you know that there are over ten trillion cells in our body and keeping them in perfect health and harmony is the job of our DNA? Perfection in every cell of our body is what we strive for and can attain. The majority of us seek answers from books, doctors, and healers of all disciplines. We want to know what's going on inside our bodies and why. But now here comes the real paradox: why do we seek so much and not listen to what our bodies are saying? We all possess perfection but do not know it. It's about time we took a closer look at our own resources within, be accountable for our own health, and be more peaceful.
Do we take advantage of our intuition and understand our instincts? Are we ready to open our hearts and be guided by our impulses? Intuition, instincts, heart-driven impulses contain answers to our life's concerns and issues. We already possess the answers to most of the personal questions we ask others about. But we must LISTEN to ourselves more carefully, more attentively. For the most part, our bodies have answers to life's problems. It is up to us to rely on and trust what is brought forth intuitively or through impulses. Even if we heard or felt something from the inside, can we understand the messages? The answer is simply "YES", it takes some discipline. You will experience change in how you think and feel forever.
Here are ten simple techniques you can do to become more sensitive to hearing your inner voice and sensing the messages from within.
- First and foremost, learn to get your brain waves in theta frequency (4-7 cycles per second). A deep but brief meditation or a visualization with good imagery can do this quickly.
- Stay grounded. Always bring your body with you when you meditate. Yep, don't fly off somewhere.
- Understand that your DNA is completely replicated in every cell of your body. This is called your genome. Recognize that each genome has intelligence and serves highest good.
- Talk directly to your cells and their DNA. Realize that cells communicate. Collectively, they can send you messages. Tell them that you LOVE them.
- RESPECT your body and every cell in it. Always treat your cells with kindness, trust, and honor.
- Treat your body as a friend, an equal. Give it the freedom to express itself. Ask it questions. Listen to it. Tell your body it is sacred. Recognize that it contains the divine blueprint of life.
- Empower your body to talk directly to Spirit and permit it to override your mental body, if that serves highest good.
- Give your body lots of love and feed it good nutrition. It will tell you what it needs.
- Let it PLAY, run around, exercise, and most important, LAUGH.
- Finally, in your mind and heart, create a new triad of intelligence—one that includes God Consciousness, your DNA Consciousness, and your own consciousness. This new trinity of consciousness will become your new power source.
These techniques actually empower your body, at the cellular level, to communicate with you. As subtle energy works with intuition, instincts, and heart driven impulse, you will discern life issues more clearly. As you become more open and listen, you will begin to trust yourself and your feelings until you build a high state of confidence in yourself and the things you do. Using these techniques actually permits your body to become a partner in your decision-making process. It enables the body consciousness to fully express itself physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually.
The key is to listen and trust. You begin to focus on health issues, relationship issues, your role and purpose in life, and on events which foster happiness and peace of mind.
As our physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual faculties become more balanced, our awareness of mind over matter becomes clearer. We will no longer wait for others to do our deeds. We are empowered to do them ourselves. We will soon realize that because of conscious DNA, every aspect of our being can be expressed. The real miracle lies within. It is trust. It is divine. It is ours.
Reprinted here from the internet article by Robert V. Gerard, Ph.D. 11/28/99.